- The market is stalling again today with quant traders keeping the action alive this morning. Investors are waiting on the sidelines unsure what to do next.
- The banking crisis has traders still feeling numb and bereft of extra funds to play with. Waiting for US market to move.
- The decision over the debt ceiling in the US is causing further jitters with a fresh crisis likely to push the stock market further into crisis.
- Update: The end of the day saw the Dow Jones fall as uncertainty over the financial microenvironment remains.
- Update: In other news, Apple ($AAPL) surpassed in value the entire Russel 2000 index in a new bold landmark that shows how far removed big tech giants are from the rest of the stock market, even after the heavy depreciations in 2023.
The Dow Jones today
- I have been writing articles about finance, the stock market and wealth management since 2008. I have worked as an analyst, fund manager and as a junior trader in 7 different institutions.